Re: Stll Needs and Engine

To: JustBrits@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stll Needs and Engine
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:47:29 EDT
In a message dated 04/27/2000 6:13:38 PM Mountain Daylight Time, JustBrits
writes:

> Other than a MAJOR hole in the side of the block, Robert, the real question
> is "why not rebuild what is there"??
>
>  Really is not "rocket science"?!?!?
>
>  Ed
Actually, if I remember correctly there is a major hole in the block.  He's
very mechanically challenged and I fear he has let one of the local community
college mechanics work on it...for a while he was saying he was having a
Toyota engine installed...probably the same mechanic my wife hired to work on
the RX7..( no seer, ees no oil leek, eets a changing it free as you drive!)

Anyway, the Midget was his pride and joy, only drove it on sunny days, etc,
but he just doesn't want to put any real money in it.  You know the
rationale, "It cost $2000.00 for an engine?!? It's only worth that much for
the whole car!"..."I'll just go spent $15,000 on a used Honda...............

RH...hope I'm wiser, got the older down pat.....