Re: What's my next step

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's my next step
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 08:10:47 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks for the various suggestions, that all seem to focus on the needles
and on the floats.  Previously, I had removed the tops of the float bowls
and filled them with fuel, in hopes of flushing out some old gunk that was
in them.  The pistons themselves seemed a bit difficult to move, but they
did seem to fall evenly and made a "click" sound almost simultaneously.

It sounds like my next issue should be with making sure they are clean and
that the floats are set up correctly.

Incidentally, the manual suggests using caustic soda (which I assume is just
lye in water), then rinsing with Nitric acid (where can I get this?  I'm not
a chemistry student anymore!) and then in water with baking soda.  Does
regular carb cleaner not dissolve gasoline varnish?

Am I likely to find a problem with the jets themselves?  It seems that old
fuel would stay in the float bowls, and not on the jets, though if they are
gummed up, can they be easily cleaned?

So close, and yet so far.

Regards,

Charles