Another day in the life...

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another day in the life...
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 18:34:50 -0400 charset="iso-8859-1"
Like I thought, my little car had problems-o-plenty.  The LBC shop is right
by where I work, so I get to stop by and pester the mechanic every day for
updates.  The good side is that I got to hear it run finally.  Not that it's
running anymore...

1.  Valves way out of adjustment
2.  Weber carb leaking gas and full of crap
3.  Distributor timing
4.  Other miscellaneous things

Fixing those problems didn't get it working.  Further digging revealed that
the cam timing was 180 off.  Wow.  So much for trusting the timing marks.
That got it running, although very roughly.  Put it back together, and all
of a sudden, the starter spun the engine like there was nothing there.  A
quick check of the dipstick revealed coffee colored foamy oil.  *sigh*
Hopefully another new head gasket will fix it once and for all.

Anyway, thought I'd post an update in case anyone was interested.  The poor
thing's ALMOST back on the road.  :-)

J. Adrian Barnes, MCSD
Senior Software Engineer/Department Manager
Business Information Group, LLC

Phone: 865.777.1382 x23
Fax :  865.777.1383