Around the world day 4 of 80

To: "Aston List" <aml-lovers@egroups.com>
Subject: Around the world day 4 of 80
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 08:49:25 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Guys
The rally goes on, after leaving France they headed out to cross Italy and
he first gravel roads of the event, plus a few hills! This seemed to have
caught a few people out with cooling systems being tested to the limit in
some cases. One or two cars even had power problems crossing the higher
sections, they are going to have to play around with the mixture screws if
they want power at higher altitudes. I believe that the highest peak they
cross is 10,000ft and if they have problem in the Italian hills look out for
more interesting news when they reach East Asia.
Julia is still with the Rolls and has spent the past on night on the back
seat (due to breakdown problems that appear to come from a not quite fully
prepared car! Minds out of the gutter boys!) The Facels (Healey engine) have
been running well but were one of those teams with power problems on the
hilly sections. One Team Healey car is still up with the leaders.
The vintage event is being led by a Lagonda M45 in joint place with  Citroen
2CV. In the classic section only 14 cars now share first place, among them
are a couple of Astons, 2 Healeys (inc Facel) 3 Jaguars and a lone 66
Mustang. Yesterdays leaders, the Spurlings in the Morgan +4 are now 15th
(another car with altitude sickness!)
A nice ferry ride and the are now into Greece, Julia is going home! (that's
what she said on the ferry anyway.)

More news from this years big classic rally tomorrow. I had over 100 emails
asking me to continue. So if you want me to stop you had better tell me!!!!
Regards
John J Black
Waterloo Drivetrain Systems
http://www.waterloo-dtr.com Team Healey Service Crew for the USA