The 5 speed works but...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: The 5 speed works but...
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 15:38:26 -0600
Hi everyone
I put the engine and 5 speed in this morning and the installation went very
smoothly.  Thanks to all who contributed many valuable hints, tips and
encouragement.  I just got back from a 10 minute run (sans bonnet) and
really like the way the ratios fit the power output of my engine.  The bad
news is that the 2nd gear synchro is poor, maybe even very poor.  I can
sleep well tonight knowing that I have a project for next winter! <G>
However just to be on the safe side, does anybody see any problem driving
it with a crunchy second gear?

Dave
72 Midget