5 Speeds and economics???

To: "Spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 5 Speeds and economics???
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 21:11:11 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Guys
Once again, for obvious reasons I have tried to stay out of this thread, but
3 list members today are describing the problems of fitting a transmission
conversion kit and locating a used gearbox from a salvage yard or wherever
and taking a chance on the quality of the gearbox. With the Frontline
Spridget kit that we market here in the USA, you do not have that problem as
the gearboxes are completely rebuilt in every case before you get them. This
makes the kit more expensive, but you will at least only have to do the job
once and you will have piece of mind that it will work first time!.
The list member concerned now has to once again remove the engine and
transmission after just putting it in, then he has have the old one rebuilt
or get yet another one, should he take a chance on getting another used box
or get the replacement one rebuilt before he fits it? This will entail yet
more expense. This all takes time, is frustrating, and in the meantime he
cannot enjoy the car.
If this ever happens with one of the gearboxes we supply with our 5 speed
kits, I will replace the gearbox from stock with a new unit and ship it free
of charge to your home or shop as soon as possible.
Regards
John J Black
Waterloo Drivetrain Systems
http://www.waterloo-dtr.com