Re: Strangest looking Lucas part I've ever seen

To: Phil Vanner <philv@pclink.com>
Subject: Re: Strangest looking Lucas part I've ever seen
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 23:09:31 -0400
Cc: "'Larry Macy'" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, "cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Phil Vanner wrote:

> Mk1 Midget (100 earth-sourced parts, Asian metal is made from meteorites)

You have that all wrong. Asian metal is made from US beer cans.
(recycled)
But re-forged with a donkey dung fueled furnace.

And believe it or not, someone I know was over in Taiwan, he explained
how they set up *shop*.
Ching has a donkey, Chang (his neighbor) has an outside smelting furnace
about the size of your kitchen oven, Chu (up the dirt road) has a
contract with moss to forge headlamp rims for LBCs, Wang (on an island)
does the chrome plating.
The dung from the donkey is used as fuel to forge the headlamp rims,
they then go by raft to Wang's island uncovered so the sea salt sprays
them and they rust before they get chrome plated. Chrome plating can not
be done on the mainland due to the toxic waste but Wang just dumps the
waste in the sea off his island.
Wang returns the shiney chrome plated rusty rims to Chu who sends them
to Chung for packaging.
Now you know.

Boy am I tired.

--