Removing steering wheel/ turn switch

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Removing steering wheel/ turn switch
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 12:57:32 -0600
I was out driving last evening and as I lifted the little lever to signal a
right turn something inside the switch shattered and it's a big mess.  Got
home and tried to remove the steering wheel so I could slide the switch off
the steering column and I can't get it to budge.  This is a 78 midget and if
anyone could give me some advice as to how to get the steering wheel off I
would appreciate it.  I have a manual and have followed it's instructions but
it just won't come off.  Also if anyone has a used turn signal/horn/highbeam
switch they would like to sell please email me.
Thanks everyone,
Stephen Pheysey