Re: Re: '78 1500 Running Rough

To: Tomsaudi@aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: '78 1500 Running Rough
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:04:46 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
I would check for loose plug wires.  Does it have an original ignition?
Probably not.  Does it have points, or aftermarket electronic?  Does it have a
fuel filter?  It might be clogging.  Was it running rough on acceleration, high
speed, both, or all the time?  If it ran rough at higher rpms or on
acceleration only, I would tend to think it was fuel related. Unless there are
points, which may bounce at higher rpms. If it was all the time,  it could be
fuel or electrical.

Just guesses.  I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong.  Not sure if this
helps.

Mike