Re: 63 Midget Questions

To: Retters@aol.com
Subject: Re: 63 Midget Questions
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 21:51:39 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Retters@aol.com wrote:

> I have read about shims to level the rear quarter eliptic springs...has
> anyone experience with these or know where to get the shims?

Any 1.5" wide piece of steel will work as a shim. The shim lowers the
car so shim the high side. Place a 1/4" thick x 1.5" wide steel shim on
the bottom of the leaf spring, this lowers it.

> My brakes seem very weak even after rebuilding. Are there any tricks to
> getting a firm pedal and good braking action other than "bleed til you drop"?

Power bleeding usually helps. Used compressed air, about 15 psi to bleed
the system.

> Stock appearing exaust on my new car is very loud....can anyone recommend a
> quiet exaust setup?

It is a SPORTS CAR, it's supposed to be loud. If you want quiet, get a
jap car muffler and you won't even know if it's running unless you look
at the tach.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ