Re: Sprite selling prices

Subject: Re: Sprite selling prices
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 09:16:21 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net

    As a group, I think we tend to undervalue our cars for the most part.
Many of us have been around spridgets for so long, we tend to hang out with
other Spridget owners, and we typically take on cars that are less than
perfect and get them running/looking good again, which I think makes us
biased to the low end of the price/worth scale.

    We have to remember that the "general public" doesn't see it that way.
The prices for decent looking and running cars seem to be going up.  The
recent url for cars (was it wwwheel.com?) seem to indicate that the prices
for Midgets seem to be going up, more than what I would pay for a restored
example.

    I just sold my '79 Midget with 78K miles on it.  It had everything
done, and I considered it almost show quality, whatever that is. (those
interested can still see the for sale stats on my homepage.)  It lasted a
day and a half before it was snapped up for $5,200.  The new owner drove
away with a big grin on her face.  Even before it was finished, people
would smile and wave.  Our cars are still "cute" to those that don't drive
them.

    I'll keep looking for the bugeye sitting in the garage that hasn't ran
in 20 years and offer them $400 for it, but IMHO the value of our cars to
the general public will keep going up.

Steve.
--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net
|   Spridget page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/links.html
|   Mopar page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/mopar.html

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."