Re: PETA - Drink beer NEW! With added LBC! (LBC Gone again!)

To: nosimport@mailbag.com, fooshst@stumail.gc.cc.fl.us
Subject: Re: PETA - Drink beer NEW! With added LBC! (LBC Gone again!)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 15:13:23 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/7/2000 9:31:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
nosimport@mailbag.com writes:

<< To those daring enough, try this. I had occasion to try a new Oatmeal Stout
 (Gray's was the brand) that was served by the maker. He suggested the
 oatmeal stout and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. A stout float.  >>

I consider myself pretty adventuresome, but there is another value that comes
into conflict:  I am a purist when it comes to my beer/ale.  Despise those
raspberries, lemon, etc. flavors that some microbreweries ruin good beer
with.  And always wondered why a yuppie would drink a "beer" (Corona,
usually) with a hunk of lime stuck inthe neck--until I tried one WITHOUT the
lime--man does that stuff stink--smells reminiscent of a faint skunk. Anyway,
I love good stout, I love good vanilla ice cream.  I might be forced to try
them together (the adventuresome value), but it would be difficult to pour
good stout over ice cream (the purist value).  <G>

--David C.