Re: NJ Registration (Grr...)

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: NJ Registration (Grr...)
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 22:50:42 -0400
Cc: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Charles D. Sorkin" wrote:

> I just received in the mail today my new registration for the next year for
> the '74 Midget.  The state of New Jersey seems to have blended the
> information with my other car, which is a Pontiac LeMans.  My card now
> indicates that the Midget is a coupe (and not a convertible like the
> original documentation showed) that SEATS FIVE!
>
> When will they learn...

Ah NJ-DMV (Drones of Motor Vehicles) And even if you physically show
them the car, they will need written documentation from the vehicle
manufacturer saying is is in fact a convertible and does not have seat
belts for 5. Then they will give you a ticket for insufficient settles.
They will say you "altered the vehicles appearance" and you MUST have
PROOF from the manufacturer to set things right.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ