Re: 1500 for 1275 swap

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 for 1275 swap
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:43:50 -0400
Well Phooey on that. I have an April 78 Midget and I hit 80 at around
4400 - 4500 RPM. I know from experience I have had it up to 90+ in the
5000-5200 rpm range. Clocked on my odomoter as well as the vehicle
following me (a new Yamaha 1200). I stated the April build date as the
consensus on the 3.7 diff was 78.5. The speed is the same with the new
pumpkin I got from Frank as well as the old one prior to its untimely
demise.

'splain that - with out going into the thermodynamics of heat dissapation
from the big black chunk of rubber hanging off the front end - clearly in
the airstream.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 6/12/00 11:19 AM, soavero@yahoo.com made the
profound statement:

>May, 1976 Road and Track, pg 76.  Midget 1500, 4th
>gear 5100 RPM, 83mph top speed.
>
>September 1967 Road and Track pg 106, Midget 1275 ,
>4th gear, top speed 93
>mph.
>
>=====
>Ron Soave