Re: Macy's rage (was: Re: 1500 for 1275 swap

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Macy's rage (was: Re: 1500 for 1275 swap
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:03:50 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Rons

Your Photoshop skills do not scare me (much ;p)

However if it is data you want then how about Kevin Valentine - following
me up the turnpike at 74 MPH and at the time (by my speedo) I was doing
70 at 4100 rpm. And lets see, coming back from Hagerstown MG98 running 90
mph with an MGC and a MGBGT V8. Both stated that we were doing 90 - my
speedo said about 85 at around 5000 rpm. On the infamous Blue Ridge trip,
the afore mentioned Yamaha clocked me at 90 on the interstate. That was
with a fully loaded car and 2 people, driver and passenger. As I recall -
in the vicinity of 5500 or so.  Albeit it was a bit of a decline. (And
trust me that boy is nothing if not a stickler for those funny little
details.) So my "opinion" is backed by direct observation, and not by me
alone. (Isn't it direct observation that builds the most reliable data
sets?)

So by the observations of outside parties 2 things are apparent 1) My
speedo is off. 2) My 78 is faster than R&T's and WILL hit 5100 rpm and
has!!. Now mayhaps Frank would like to chime in with the ratio on the
diff I got from him - as I do not recall. But it is the same as the one I
had in there. 3.9, 3.7 I just don't know.

And Trevor is not the first to quote the line about the 1500 Midgets
being the first Spridgets to be capable of over 100 MPH. I believe that
was also a R&T quote BTW.

Remember the wise man once said - believe 1/2 of what you see and none of
what you read.

At this exact moment in time 6/12/00 3:13 PM, soavero@yahoo.com made the
profound statement:

>> Die you heathen.
>
>Lars,
>Don't make me break out the Photoshop.
>
>As my lab engineer says when I tell him a test run was
>crap and I don't believe it -
>
>"I have data.  Without data, it's just an opinion."
>
>And I write his performance appraisal.  Kids.
>
>=====
>Ron Soave
>'60 Bugeye
>'72 BGT