Re: calculated speed

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: calculated speed
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:37:41 -0700 (PDT)
> Mark a spot on one rear tire and roll the car so the
> mark touches the
> pavement. Mark the pavement at this point.  Roll the
> car forward with you in
> it (for highest accuracy) until the mark on the tire
> is again on the ground.
> Mark this spot and measure between them.  This is
> the distance the car moves
> forward for each rotation of the axle, call it "C".

"C" for Circumference? I've got a better idea...just
measure the circumference of your spare tire (if it's
the same size as you have on your car). I bet you'll
get the same measurement with less effort! :o)

Dan Dwelley
no wiz but I can determine the circumference of a
circle and apply it to linear measurement. :o)))

=====
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.