Midget 1500 - Tie Rod End Replacement and More

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget 1500 - Tie Rod End Replacement and More
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:00:49 -0400
Hey all.  Not much technical chatter,  so here's one for you all.

I'd like to replace the tie rod ends on the Midget.  I'm concerned about
retaining the alignment.  Anyone have a tried replacement procedure that will
result in a minimal of alignment tuning afterwards?

Also,  the rear springs have to go.  ANyone have a good source for replacement
springs?  Do the usual suspects have good quality ones?  I plan on using the
Prothane bushes in the rear.  I like the ride of the ones in the front.

Eventually I'll ask on the procedure for changing the rear springs,  but if
anyone feels like typing.....

Also  On a high compression rebuild (30 over, 285 cam, standard valves) should
I use ARP studs,  or will standard ones suffice?

THanks,

Mike
'78 RB Midget