LBC Sightings

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC Sightings
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 12:55:08 -0400
I went looking yesterday. There was a 74 Midget in the paper for $350.
Advertised as a parts car. There was certainly a bunch of truth in
advertising there. What a rust bucket. The front fenders and trunk lid were
OK and the seats were nice. It also had a hardtop. The motor was seized(?)
according to the man. The alternater and starter were out of it. Ugly car
but good for parts!

On the other end of the spectrum, I saw a 78 RB that was as close to perfect
as they get. It had 50K on the clock, absolutely no rust, and was a one
owner. Story is that the man died and his son is now selling it after two
years of non-use. He supposedly won a room full of trophies with this car. I
don't doubt it. One of the few burnt orange cars left on the road in these
parts. The $5,000 asking is just out of my reach for a 1500 TR motored car.
(Had to put that in there to keep the list happy). I'm not sure but for that
price they might throw in a cat or two!

Always looking, sometimes buying....

Kent
1960 Bugeye