Re: Electric Midget...

To: "Allen Hefner" <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Midget...
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:02:38 -0400
My guesstimate 146 hours or just a little over 6 days. That's at 75 mph
for each 25 mile driving period. Roughly 440 miles.

The tranny was left to "restore as much of the original driving
experience as possible" or something like that - according to the site.

Larry (made the trip in just over 7 hours - including stopping for gas
and Rest-Your-Rears)

>In a message dated 6/19/00 1:49:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:
>
><< Tired of oil leaks, dead starters, and ditributor problems, and noisey
> mufflers...
>
> Check this out...
>
> http://www.baaction.org/ev_project/ev_gallery/index.html  >>
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>I'm sorry, but until they can decrease the weight of the batteries and
>increase the range, this sort of conversion just isn't worth the trouble.  A
>2300 lb. Midget that goes 25 miles and then has to sit for 8 hours so you
>can
>go another 25 miles is no bargain.
>
>Hey Larry, at that rate, how long would it take to get from Lansdale to
>Cleveland?
>
>(And why did they leave the tranny in the car?  A good electric motor
>shouldn't need a tranny.)
>
>Allen Hefner
>SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
>'77 Midget