RE: Hardtop Differences and Value - Need info...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, "'mgraziano@mindspring.com'" <mgraziano@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Hardtop Differences and Value - Need info...
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:14:02 -0700charset="windows-1252"
Cc: michael.graziano@csfb.com
To start with, if "original glass" truly means glass, then you're probably
looking at a factory top. If the windows are any kind of plastic (acrylic,
plexiglas, whatever) then it's aftermarket. I don't believe any of the
aftermarket tops ever went with real glass (though I'm willing to be
corrected.) And yes, there are year differences; later years go farther
back, as the cockpit opening was moved farther back to let the soft top
retract all the way into the interior. Someone recall the year of the
change?

Jim Algar