Re: 77 Midget Brake MC Rebuild Revisited

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: 77 Midget Brake MC Rebuild Revisited
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:38:58 -0400
Tyson

I just took apart 3 master cylinders.
What a surprise when I found the first one broken like you discribed.
On to the second, same thing. But this one was twisted off.
So my 3rd and last master, take it apart and what do you know?
Same thing!!!

I can not get the other end out even with lots of heat. Maybe tomorrow
I'll try again and see if maybe I can make one out of 3.
I guess now I know what's wrong with the brakes in PIECES, probably the
same thing.

I am currious as to how many other dual circuit master cylinder
rebuilders have found the inner spring/piston assembly broken?

As far as the Advanced auto rebuilds, put a Lockheed kit in it from day
one or it will leak on day 2. Been there twice now. And I still have
funky brakes.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ