Chico pictures, SWAG, etc.

To: "Asgeirsson, Paul A." <PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com>
Subject: Chico pictures, SWAG, etc.
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 00:57:49 -0700
Cc: "list, Spridget mail" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Smith, Dennis" <dennis@grotheandsmith.com>, nvsprite@aol.com
Hi Gang,

Time for my take on the whole weekend.

    Friday evening: Pickup my newest project, a 1960 Morris Minor, all
disassembled and in boxes, shell on a rotisserie.  Unload the stuff into
the garage, take the shell to the body man.  By the time I complete all
this, its 12:30 am.

    Saturday: Work around the house and yard all day, trying to get the
temporary bachelor pad into something presentable.  That evening, Dave
and Peggy Bohler, Bob and Annice Kitterer, and Paul Asgeirsson all
arrive, and we go out for dinner and dessert.
    Sunday, the big event:  Leave at 7:45 am for Chico, arrive, park,
and promptly start wandering around taking pictures and drooling on
cars, drink plenty of fluids 'cause its hot (97 degrees), and there are
a lot of nice cars so I need plenty of drool.  Meet David Riker and Glen
Byrns for the first time, and see their great cars.  A lot of
interesting stuff, tried to get as many pictures as I could.  If you
think there are a lot of Minor pictures, you're right, since I just
bought one.

    Sunday after the show, drive Paul's 1300 Datsun engined and trannied
Minor home to Sacto, 1 1/2 hours in 97 degree heat.  I am conservative,
and only cruise at 65 mph, car will do way more, and is so smooth if
everyone wasn't staring you'd forget you were in a Minor.  Get home just
as people are arriving.

     Lots of soda to go around.  Bay area SWAGers complaining about the
heat, seems they can't take an average Sacramento summer day.  Crash
makes a sacrifice, does not drive the feather river canyon home, comes
to the bbq.  I think he came 'cause nothing could top his friday canyon
run.  We all watched "The Italian Job" and had a good laugh.  Everyone
ate, although not enough as there was too much food leftover, or they
just didn't like it, take your pick.  Paul launches into the tech
session on his five speed conversion.  After that, we all go out front
and kick some tires, while the group takes turn going around the block
in Crash's bugeye.  Almost have to send the highway patrol to look for
Larry Miller when it was his turn, he was gone so long.

    Everyone then had a piece of pie, and I showed the pictures that I
took that morning in Chico on the TV (Aren't digital cameras great?)
About that time, everyone started to mosey for home, as it was past 10
pm.  Cleaned up a little and then basically collapsed.

    Monday, had breakfast with Paul and then waved good-bye.  If you're
thinking at all of doing a five speed conversion, can't recommend Paul's
kit enough.

    All in all, a very busy and enjoyable weekend.  The following link
has the pictures: http://members2.clubphoto.com/steve191750/

Click on a picture to enlarge.  You can download a picture if you want.
They are all 800x600, (click on the 800x600 link) economy setting on my
camera, which is still pretty good.

Steve
1960 Minor project (aka Car-in-a-box)
1972 RWA midget
1967 Sprite parts
1966 Sprite project
Wife who will skin me alive when she gets home from vacation
--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net
|   Spridget page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/links.html
|   Mopar page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/mopar.html

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."