Re: $350 for a 210 tranny!! LOL

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: $350 for a 210 tranny!! LOL
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 19:12:17 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
From Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver at Eng.Sun.COM>
To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 28 June 2000 18:30
Subject: $350 for a 210 tranny!! LOL

> I just got the latest sales flyer from my local LBC vendor (Crash you know
who
> I'm talking about!) and they are selling used, 'not inspected',  210
5-speed
> trannies for $350! They pull these from the same Pick & Pull that I got
mine
> from ~$89 plus 20 minutes max to pull. I'm assuming they clean them up a
little
> by degreasing (maybe not?) but talk about trying to make a profit :-(
> In addition, last time I checked, they even want your 'orginal' sprite
4-speed
> as a core in return for the River-gate 5-speed conversion they resell,
which
> they will then rebuild (maybe not) and resell for $995. Talk about getting
you
> coming and going!
> Sorry to rant, but I just had to get it off my chest.
>
> BTW - if you need a 210 tranny, and can't find one locally, I think Crash
will
> sell you one for a very resonable price.
>
> Regards - Bryan

I drove a Datsun  fitted with the jap A-series last week.  Didn't think it
was nearly as good as the Toyota box that used to be sold over here.  Shame
they've dried up too.  I've just bought a 1098 with a close ratio Ford V6
box in it that was converted to mate to the Spridget engine.  Can't wait to
try it out but the rest of the car is crapped out.  What do you think....do
the conversion to my own Mk2s' bodywork in a morning and have the car
running in a day?  <G>