Re: "67 sprite

To: Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com
Subject: Re: "67 sprite
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 23:28:38 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com wrote:

> How do I go about tracing down the owner who left this little car behind to
>get
> a "clear" title?  The sheetmetal is excellent on this car and I don't want to
> get a "salvage" title if I can avoid it.
>
> Also I'm new to spridgets.  What are some unique features about the '67
>
> The ID plate show this as an M series car

Welcome to the list.
A clear title depends on what state you are in.
There are title companys in Alabama and for about $100 they will title
the car.

The 67 was the most unique. It has the 1275 engine with the nitrated
cross drilled crankshaft. Metal dash, fold down top, no side markers or
reflectors, maybe back up lights, a unique brake master cylinder, and it
has no pollution stuff on it.
"M" series Sprites were very rare, only about 425 of them all made in
Cowley.
There is a minor difference in the Cowley Sprites with the heater air
intake I think. Other then that, it was just assembled in a different
town.
No body knows why though.

Good luck with it.

--