Re: Repro Parts WAS Bad Parts

To: Larry Cogan <woodrat@spacey.net>
Subject: Re: Repro Parts WAS Bad Parts
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:16:29 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, mg-tabc@egroups.com, "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Having a Quality Control dept. would cut into the profit margin. Did I
ever tell the story of the interior kit I got from Goleta. I was doing a
'68, they sent a kit for a '65. Even though they listed two separate kits,
when I called to find out why they sent the wrong one, some rude b@$t@rd
named Chris informed me that all the kits were the same and if I didn't
like it I could send it back and make my own. I will not buy from them
ever again, I would rather use second hand slightly worn ugly original
instead. The thing is ............... if you are going to offer a variety,
why would you lie and give the same item three different part #'s. Yes, I
know Robert, these poor souls are only trying to make a living. So are
lawyers and look how popular they are (no offense to you Steve!!!)  It is
nice to know that when we are really hard up we can get something if we
need it, sounds like an analogy to the world's oldest profession, don't
it. But, if I'm gonna get screwed, I would like to know how badly BEFORE I
pay, not after!!!!!!!!  Sorry, I have been trying not to go off like this
anymore but after three days of reading this thread (sorry Jay) I had to
say my bit also.  Not a bad day ......Bad (real bad) memories.
       Brad (shuttin' up now) Fornal

Larry Cogan wrote:
   Kelvin would it be too much to imagine that someone would try to see if
the two pieces actually do thread together before cataloging/selling
them?  Bad day in Florida.  Larry