LBC Content

To: <JCarey4NGs@cs.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC Content
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 05:23:35 -0400
John:  When you posted your comment yesterday, I ruminated about your
plea for less banter and obligatory LBC content.  Ive been on the list
about a year and either because of my location or personality, Ive
only met one list member. (He aint much but boy is his wife cute!)
But because of the rich tapestry of  banter mixed with wise and
wiseassed remarks, Ive come to feel a friendship with many list
members.  As time passes you will come to almost anticipate who will
say what next!  This sort of thing adds a fabric and a context to what
you read.  It develops over time.  I came to Spridgets after being on
a list for a fifties American car.  That car, new, was the province of
upper middle age/class folks.  For some reason the list reflects that
today.  It is run wth an iron hand, the language police are rampant,
no one would dare post a non content message, and if one dares deviate
from the rules that person is summarily delisted!  In short the list
is boring.  I still have the car, still get a digest of the list and
immediately delete it when it arrives.  I wouldnt drive twenty miles
to meet with any of them.  Im sure they are nice folks, but I dont
"know" any of them after three years!  This is a hell of a lot more
fun.  And always a whole lot more car useful than the other.  Give it
time and as the twisted individuals emerge you will salivate with glee
every time a new list msg makes the bell ring.  Welcome to the
list....say onboard, youre in for a hell of a ride.  Larry, Melbourne,
FL