storing car for 10 months

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: storing car for 10 months
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 06:58:37 -0700
For work related reasons I will be moving to Indiana for 10 months,
and will have to leave my 62 sprite at home in my garage.  I live in
a redwood forest, and it is very damp here in the winter rainy
season.  I normally don't have any trouble with my sprite, even if I
don't drive it during the winter, but I've never let it just sit for
10 months.  But I won't be able to do that while in Indiana, and am
wondering if there is anything I should do to prepare my sprite for
this long hibernation.  I've been told to disconnect the battery and
fill the tank full of fuel.  I've thought about putting it on jack
stands, squirting oil in the spark plug holes, and plugging up the
exhaust pipe.

Does anybody have any experience or advice on these matters?  Thanks,

Ric

Richard Otte
Department of Philosophy
University of California, Santa Cruz