first lbc!!!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: first lbc!!!
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 22:49:33 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
hey!  i still have my first lbc!!!  26 years and counting!   others have
come and gone but my first has remained!  it has been a love hate affair.  i
love it and would hate to see it go!  it sat for 9 years while i decided if
it was going to be scrapped or fixed and sentimental (spelled semi-mental)
old me just got a bit carried away.  it has broken evrything you can break
and then some!  and i have fixed it and fixed it  at times untill my wallet
and credit card have cried out for mercy!  evry incarnation was better than
the last one up to this one being the best being done in 1990.  it does not
matter if i am running vintage class in a scca hillclimb or at fall hershey
on the show field, the car is a pure joy to own.   it's mine it's paid for
and it is not for sale,  if memories have a price according to some people,
they do not know me very well, the bugeye has a permanent home with me and
my family.   emotional attachment?  yes!  it's like a child.  it has a sense
of humor, and a naughty side, and returns my attentions in many pleasurable
experiences and recounted stories.
am i weird?  yup , never denied that!  so tell me that you have never had an
attachment to something similar?  remember your first car?  first stereo?
your first set of good tools? record album collection,  oh , got carried
away there!   but my first love has been cars.  still owning the 55 chevy i
had in high school and my healey i had in high school sez something about
how i feel about my cars.

chuck.
local member of car-a-holics annomous.......me?  no i dont have a
problem............like i can quit if i want to...............moving my big
rock to a river in egypt.....denial......lol!...c.