Re: Reviving a LBC

To: Tom Stone <tstone@frontierprecision.com>
Subject: Re: Reviving a LBC
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 18:38:32 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Tom Stone wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> When is it too much work to rebuild a classic car?

Tom

>From what you said it sounds like most "project" cars.
Floor pans, door skins, hinge panels and all the body parts (even a new
shell) are available from Seven, Mini City, and Mini Mania (Seven and
Mini City being a lot cheaper then MM)
I just happen to have an 1100 FWD engine/trans/diff sitting in my
garage.
It ran perfectly but did need a new clutch as it slipped prety bad when
I drove the car. The final drive is out of an MG 1100 and needs to be
changed or you need 12" wheels on the Mini to go faster then 60 mph or
it will go to 60 in a heart beat but not much faster.
I'll sell the drive train cheap because I never forgot my first (and
last) Mini!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ