Crack detection

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Vintage Race List <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crack detection
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 19:35:28 -0400
After hearing the Flounder's sad story about the steering arm bolts
breaking on his Bugeye race car, I am prompted to do another crack test on
my ' 67 Midget vintage race car. This time I want to do it myself since the
car is not apart as it was when we last checked the critical parts. There
is a Magnaflux Crack Detector Kit listed on the Eastwood website for $29.99
(item number 43128). Does anybody on the List have any experience with this
kit or any others? Is it effective?  How many "cracks" can it test? Does it
store well after partial use? I may want to buy two kits and save what I
don't use. I plan on checking the spindles and kingpins. Any other
suggestions?  The Eastwood site is www.eastwoodcompany.com.
Regards,

Bob Spruck
Sharpsburg, GA