Re: Fwd: Bugeye Speedometer

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Bugeye Speedometer
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:43:58 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, 72023.22@compuserve.com
DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:

> Can anybody help Raymond?

Raymond asked....

> Can anyone help?  I am in the final stages of restoring a '59 Bugeye and am
> trying to hook up the speedometer, but it's been so long since I took it
> apart, that I can't remember how the cable is routed from the instrument to
> the gear box.

Raymond

The Bugeye (and all BMC Spridgets, not BL)  speedo cables run from the
speedometer thru a hole down near the steering column where it passes
thru the firewall. It makes a gentle curve (away from the exhaust) and
gets clipped to the inside of the tunnel sheetmetal with fold over tabs,
it runs the tunnle to the speedo connection on the tranny.

Good luck
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ