May have to buy a second Midget...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: May have to buy a second Midget...
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:42:10 EDT
I was just stopped at a muffler shop arranging to have a new exhaust system
installed Monday, when the guy mowing the grass came over an offered to sell
me a "parts car".

He said he thought it was a '69 Midget, that blew a head gasket a couple of
years ago, but he has not been able to fix it and it's been sitting under a
tarp in his yard.

I said, "a brown car?"

He looked amazed and said "Yes"...!

I'd seen it last year, under a tarp and pieces of plywood...I told him I
would come by this weekend and look at it and see if I could use any of the
parts.

So what do you suppose it is worth...'69 is a 1275 and ribcase, no?  Couple
of hundred maybe?  Probably has no rust, but no telling the condition of the
engine after sitting for a couple of years with a blown head gasket.

Give me some opinions please...

Robert H.