roll bars...fuel cells, etc.

To: "Thickos" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: roll bars...fuel cells, etc.
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 23:01:02 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "vintage race list" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
To all,

I was on the phone today with Jim "Elmo" Donato, playing a little "snackass"
with him about the height of his roll bar. I have a front shot photo taken
last year at IRP, and my bar is at least 4" over my helmet, whereas his is
almost even with his helmet. There are some other cars that border this
situation...Jon "Big Rig" Bauer's car comes to mind.

Even though the Dead Rat Bastard's bar was that much over my helmet, my
helmet was still in "light" contact with the ground once all the tumbling
was over at Mosport. You must consider belt stretch, and gravity pulling
your lardass out of the seat once you're in the upside down world. An
additional hoop welded on your existing structures would suffice.

Anyone have an ATL cell built into the existing Sprite tank? Anyone got one
for sale?

Anyone have a right hand drive Bugeye dash for sale?

Anyone have a slick Winner's Circle style Sprite windshield for sale?

Anyone ever seen a sway bar set up where the front bar routes through the
bonnet extensions welded on the front frame horns? FrankenSprite has
this...wierd.

Also, anyone with memories of a medium blue Bugeye, with yellow stripes that
run diagonally across the front & rear bonnet? It had "A Touch of Class
Autocrafters" lettering on it. Full cage. Anyone know Chuck Shields? I'd
like to reconstruct this car's race history. (I paid $400 for the tub in
1995, and just missed a billet 948 crank that went for $100.)

The ribs are healing, I'm feeling fine, and FrankenSprite will be at the
strippers this week, getting dipped.

WST
Flounder