Lights Out (and everything else too)

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lights Out (and everything else too)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 23:49:31 -0400
Hiya Kiddies,

Whilst running the daughters LASOB of a boyfriend home tonight something
happened that I have never seen (or not seen as the case may be). I was
cruising down a dark back road about 35 mph in 3rd gear. Suddenly all the
lights and ignition went out. I grabbed the key, switched off, then back
on again. Got the infamous KAPOW out of the muffler, and all was right
with the world again. I have no idea what happened. Why all went out. I
suspect a bad connection someplace, but I have no idea where.
I have a fairly new LUCAS ignition switch, keys and all. But it has been
in there for over a year and never did any thing like this before. BTW
new in this case means right out of the box. No problems after that, and
none before either. It is kinda freaky driving down a 2 lane at night and
having the lights go out all of a sudden tho. Also all electrics went,
radio, gauges, interior lights, ignition, everything.

Any suggestions as to where to start looking??

TIA

Larry

Larry Macy
78 Midget