Re: Floating a VW

To: JamesA@HI-TORQUE.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Floating a VW
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:30:29 EDT
I knew that!  I used to own a '64 Beetle myself, and I tried to float it
once!  (Not on purpose.)  I was driving around the Lancaster, PA area during
a hurricane.  That area has lots of rolling hills, and the valleys between
them fill up with water when it rains hard for an extended period.  I went
down thru one.  I was going fast enough that momentum carried me thru, but
the heater boxes filled with water and steam started coming out the
defrosters!  I had to stop and wait for it to dry before I could continue.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

In a message dated 7/19/00 7:00:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,