Re: Hey I was only joking - was:tacky morbid thought (LBC content)

To: Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM, spridgets@autox.team.net, Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hey I was only joking - was:tacky morbid thought (LBC content)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:16:45 EDT
In a message dated 7/20/2000 4:53:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM writes:

<< I hope all of you realize that I was 'joking' about this. I do have a
pretty
 morbid sense of humor, but I would never do anything this tacky. I really
hope
 one of his sons has the mentality to finish his father's project car, and
drive
 it as a legacy to his dad. The Allard is a great looking roadster, somewhat
 simular to an XK120/140. >>

Bryan:

Maybe a not so morbid thought that could turn out good either way it went:
How about giving it a couple of weeks, then call the widow and express your
sympathy.  Then note to her that the reason you called was that you are a car
enthusiast and knew he was working on an Allard, and you would like to offer
your expertise if any of his sons were interested in completing the project.
If there were no interest she may offer it for sale, if so, you might be
instrumental in turning a youngster on to great cars.

Just a thought!

--David C.