Re: Floating VW

To: <KGROWLER@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Floating VW
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 00:07:28 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
hmmmm let me see somewhere i have a bunch of mad '68 to about 78-79 ,  heavy
metal issues covering the story line of the movie "heavy metal" ,  and
national lampoon(a harvard parody) issues of the same period.    inventoried
and stashed away in basement .   now i wonder if i have the issue in
question?

chuck.
did i ever mention i sank a '64 impala in a frozen patch of ice covering a
flooded road in about 3' of water?   late 70's and like wow man it was like
a bummer,  and real cold too.   thought it was just slick road and with a
buddy decided to go ice skating a-la-impala..lol!  got about 2 car length
onto the ice and heard this awsome crack and sank directly down to street
level !  sat stunned for a moment and spazed(rolled down windows and climbed
up onto the roof) as we noticed water running in around all 4 doors.  thank
god someone came along and was kind(stupid) enough to ask if we needed help
(sitting on the roof , like bumming out man!).  had a tow chain in trunk so
(young and dumb and about to get numb) i waded to the trung and got chain
out and they eased onto the ice and hooked up and pulled us out!  stupid car
would not restart!  ice broke a wire off the solenoid when we sank.
screwdriver started the car and it fired right up!  later that spring
.....mushrooms grew in the carpeting in the rear floors of the car!  ya
know, i miss that car.  ah sweet memories of childhood? (oh heck i was old
enough to know better!  but like did it any way man!)
..................................bought it for 75.00 and after vaccuming
carpets and washing it (once) sold it for 500.00!   dem was de days!