Re: Floating a VW - chasing jack rabbits (No LBC)

Subject: Re: Floating a VW - chasing jack rabbits (No LBC)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:29:12 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
17 is a dangerous age.  When I was about that age, or a little younger, my
brother and I were out chasing jack rabbits at around 3 am in our mom's
American Motors Ambassador.  My brother was driving, chasing a particularly
fast and maneuverable rabbit with a highly tuned instinct for
self-preservation.  There was an irrigation ditch that ran under the road.
The rabbit jumped the ditch.  My brother missed both the rabbit and the
road. We bounced in and out of the ditch, and came to a stop with the front
wheels on one side and the rear wheels on the other side of the ditch.  No
room to maneuver the car at all.  After trying everything else, we ended up
filling the ditch with rocks between the wheels and drove over them.

My mom never found out the abuse her car had seen..... and I never tell my
kids these stories.......don't want them gettin' any ideas.

Mark Lawyer
1975 Midget