Re PT Crusier (Britsh part wanted)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re PT Crusier (Britsh part wanted)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 16:01:27 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
After reading my digest there seems to be some interest in these cars. My
mother has owned one since May and loves the thing. Base model in black,
they got lucky and bought at sticker and off the dealer lot (long story).
the inside info I know is that the lady who works with my mom has had hers
ordered since October and has yet to see hers. My moms has had no problems
whatsoever. I have driven it around 500 miles and find it okay. Buzzes like
a Neon but solid car. My Family has had many first year Chrysler products
over the years (84 Caravan, good, 87 LeBaron Convert, bad, 94 Ram, good, 98
Durango, fair, 98 Concorde (my car) good) so overall I am not afraid to buy
first year from Chrysler. The power is lacking but I have seen turbo kits
available. (hers is also automatic, 5spd may help but good luck in ever
getting one). Dodge does  have a prototype V6, wider track fender treatment,
looks good can be seen in many different mags (it is red). The PT Panel
Chrysler has on show is cool if looking for a different treatment and some
time with your welder. It is very usable car but would not want to tow with
it (rated 1000lbs) if a six were avail my money would be spent. Check out
the online PT Cruiser club. I am not sure of the web address but know they
mentioned it on Autoweek on Speedvision last week, so should be avail
somewhere. For those of you who have orders placed if you can find out your
assisigned VIN # you can look through the PT Cruiser club to find out exact
build status of your car. That is enough for now, if more info is wanted
email me and I will reply off list.

To add some British content anyone got a 1275 Midget drivetrain FS in
northern VA area?

Gino