Re: progress report and door trim

To: Bill Mantz <bmantz@roanoke.infi.net>
Subject: Re: progress report and door trim
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 20:02:27 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bill Mantz wrote:
. On a new
> note, all the catalogs list the larger door weather trim for 1970 and
> up. My 71 has the smaller trim and when I tried to replace it with the
> larger, the doors won't close properly, (sprung at the bottom) so I
> removed the larger trim. Any ideas? Could it be 69 or under doors on a
> 71 causing this problem? The P.O. had installed the other trim
> improperly, and has to be thrown away. (It's crushed)

JC Whitney sells a sponge rubber weather strip that fits perfect, looks
good, is NOT original BUT it actually seals out the weather! A roll will
do 2 Sprites.
It's about $25 a roll. No metal clips, it is a PVC cap with the sponge
on the side.
Again, not original, but it works, lasts, and is afordable.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ