Re: No LBC, Dizzy, Roe, etc

To: IfixMGs@aol.com
Subject: Re: No LBC, Dizzy, Roe, etc
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:50:43 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I guess it's time for this old lady (no comments or you die!) to join the
discussion. When I was a little girl, Mother bought a beautiful 16 speed
phonograph in an antique store in Portland. The cabinet was about 4' high, and
2' square, and made from beautifully carved oak. There was storage in the base
for the records, which came with it, and a crank on the side to wind it up. The
16 rpm records were about the same size as a 78, but much thicker.
As far as 8 tracks go, we have several that work, including an 8 track
player/recorder, and several boxes of tapes. I still buy LP's, because some of
the artists that I like are not available in any other format. I take the cuts
that I like and record them on cassettes for those places where radio reception
is non-existant.
Kate