Re: Bead Blaster

To: James Kleemeyer <jkk@adams.net>
Subject: Re: Bead Blaster
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 22:49:24 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
James Kleemeyer wrote:

> Anybody in the "We Cheap Club" know of anything to use for a lens protector
> in a glass bead cabinet besides those $3 a piece plastic ones you can't see
> through after a half hour? There's gotta be something out there, I just
> can't think of what it would be. BTW, built my own 4' long cabinet, got
> about $300 in the whole thing, works just as good as my little brother's
> $1200 one except I can get a motorcycle frame in mine.
>   Jim K.

Jim

I have "been there done that" with those stupid plastic stick on sheets
too.
I gave up years ago and bought a piece of tempered glass. I am on my 3rd
year and it still is fairly clear. (just don't aim the gun at it) I
choose tempered glass because I do knock the part into the glass on
occasion. I have yet to break the glass. The glass takes much more abuse
then those plastic things do and windex cleans it quite well. My local
glass shop charged me 15 or 18 bucks for the glass. That's only 5 or 6
of those sheets. He suggested double strength glass  but I still opted
for tempered just incase I break it it would turn to a million diamonds
instead of 3 or 4 jagged pieces of glass that could cut the gloves or my
hands.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ