Re: 2.......Re: ok.. it works again!

To: Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM, ckotting@core.com, Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: 2.......Re: ok.. it works again!
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:30:37 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, pythias@pacifier.com
Actually it might help quite a bit. I do a lot of 'city' driving, and the
accelerator pedal does see quite a bit of activity. The pump jets in the
dellorto are quite generous with fuel. When I bench tested the carb out of the
car, the pump jet squirted a nice stream of fuel 6-8'.
Here's a case in point....
My wife used to own an '83 dodge colt (carbureated). When she drove it, she
used
to only get 30mpg, but when I used it I got closer to 40mpg. She has this
really
bad habit of constantly pumping the accelerator pedal while cruising down the
freeway (drives me nuts!). This not only makes the ride a little 'jerky', it
also constantly activates the accelerator pump.

 - Bryan