Midget 1500 clutch issue.......

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget 1500 clutch issue.......
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 12:16:56 -0400
All,

One problem that developed on Sunday Morning.

THe clutch is extremely sticky when the engine is running.  By sticky I mean
when I depress the pedal,  the travel downwards or upwards is not smooth.  It's
choppy, and feels like there's resistance somewhere down the line.

Here's the catch, though.  This happens ONLY when the engine is running.  WHen
the engine is turned off,  the travel is smooth like the day I installed it.

It's a Borg and Beck clutch with new clutch, pressure plate, and throw out
bearing.

My thoughts are that the pin has fallen out that holds one side of the fork in
place.  I think that would explain the resistence only when the engine is
running.  The clutch does disengage,  so the car is drivable right now
(although I won't until I figure this out).

Any ideas out there?

Mike