Door Glass & Quarterlight Install - How To

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door Glass & Quarterlight Install - How To
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:35:44 -0700
I have sweatted blood (and chipped the paint) to get this to happen and
thot I'd better document actual directions while they're fresh in my mind.

REASSEMBLY OF THE DOOR - FITTING GLASS AND QUARTERLIGHT

   (The window regulator assembly is in the door, loose)

Put in the door glass and connect it to the regulator assembly now  - (best
done in
daylight so you can see to guide those little wheels go into the slots from
the rear).

Protect the door top ahead of the first opening against scratches coming up
.
Start to slide the quarterlight’s channel down the front of the window glass
as
you lift the window and regulator assembly, moving it wayyy back and up until

the bottom of the glass is pointing in line with the rear of the door’s
window
slot - an extreme angle.  Now you can slide the quarterlight unit into the
door
and adjust parts into place.

Install the regulator fasteners and regulator extension fasteners now.

••• Now who will tell me where those tall nuts go?
            (other than me behind the wheel)

David McCartney, in the hills of Northern California
    71 Midget (my 3rd)
    72 Mini PU (my 12th)
    69 Austin 1300/America (my 4th?)