Re; Generator

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re; Generator
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 21:53:25 -0400
        Hi All!

        My thoughts on generators were, just have enough of a battery to
source
whatever the generator could not, in the way of accessories, and you'd
be fine.

        Saturday, a week ago, the battery in Bugsy died.  It was a case
where
the car would not start after gassing up.  A friend of mine and I push
started it and continued on our way, the trip was cut short as darkness
was approaching.  When we got home I found the battery was pooched, any
kind of load on it would drop the output voltage down.

        All I had was the generator which was happy to keep me going.  I
had to
put on the headlights eventually necessating I keep the revs up so I
would not stall.  Looking back at it there were a few signs that
something was afoot; my turn signals were incredibly slow and I was not
expecting to fill the gas tank as quickly as I did.  It was fun watching
the gas guage click up and down with the lights and the voltage
regulator clicking in and out.

        The alternator conversions have been in the back of my mind in
the past
but I think I'll keep the generator.  It seems to work just fine.

Start Original Message-------------------------------
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 15:33:53 -0700
From Patricia Sauthoff <Patricia.Sauthoff at blvdmedia.com>
Subject: Generator?

About 1/3 of the time I drive my car I need a jump start to get going
again.
We've tested the generator blah blah blah, and it looks like it needs
either
to be replaced or rebuilt.  Before I get it worked on though I was
wondering
if I even have the right one in it!  The engine is a 1098, with the
generatior for the 948 (which is about $150 more to replace).  The car
has
no radio, cigarette lighter etc.  but dies every time I use the
headlights.
Since I need them, I'm wondering if the generator I have will be
powerful
enough to support them as well as a radio someday?

This might be a silly question, it kinda seems like it to me, but hey,
I'm a
silly girl, who can admit ignorance!

Thanks in advance
End Original Message---------------------------------
--
            David E. Wood       v               / |\    |\\