Re: exhaust systems

To: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: exhaust systems
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 10:43:39 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 08/12/2000 4:04:35 AM Central Daylight Time,
dwramsey@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< he claimed the
 the heat/cool cycles make stainless brittle and that the mild steel will
 last longer. Any thoughts about that?  >>

Crash:

   I would totally agree.  I have a friend/customer with a BJ-7 Big Healey
that ordered a UK Made SS system for his car and installed same.  Three
months later, baffle broke.  (MG'ers think their cars are hot but they ain't
got a clue<G><G>)
So he called the Company for warrenty.  "Take it off, send it back to us (in
UK) and we will determine if it is a defect."   Now THAT went over like
(insert your own thought<G>) baloon.  Bought a mild steel muffler and
installed same.  Thats been at least 7 or 8 years ago.

At the time, I purchased a Mild Steel System by Walker of England (1987, I
think).
I painted the entire system with Eastwood High Temp stuff.  Im 1990, after
being caught in snow storms in DC, I took the entire system off wirewheel
brushed it.
Looked new.  Repainted it and it's still there and solid as a rock.

And trust me, I can "sneeze" and intsall a Spridget system.  Easy.

Cheers...........

          Ed

PS:  Yep, I always recommend Mild Steel to customers.  Also, frees up $$ for
              "The We Tight Club" <G><G>
PPS:  The friend/customer is also a neighbor (Chicago area).  Freight to/from
UK ain't cheap.