The light is out!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: The light is out!
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:34:36 -0700
     Bob Kitterer dropped by today to help work on my Bugeye 948 carbs.
He mentioned he had some S.U. tools and a Colortune.  Well, as things
went, we also worked the ignition light problem (it stayed on at all
engine speeds).  I had bought a new regulator through George
Merriweather at his fantastic discount with free shipping.  In addition
Moss was having a sale.  It turned out real cheap. Bob said he had a
similar problem with his in the past and all it turned out to be was
dirty contacts.  We cleaned them with some 400 grit sand paper and it
still didn't read correct voltage running at the rpm setting in the
manual.
After playing with the contacts (pushing them into and out of contact)
the regulator started working and, Woo Hoo!, the ignition light went
out.  That would have been enough to ask of Bob for driving all the way
from San Diego to San Bernardino (hour and a half), but no, he worked on
my carb mixture problem too.
     All in all, we got a lot accomplished in just a few hours in my
over 100 degree temperature garage.  I met Bob through this list.  He
and Annice have offered other times to drive up just to help work on my
car even though he is working on a restoration himself and maintaining a
Bugeye of their own.  They are very good people to know.  If you have
not met them, they have owned their Bugeye since it was new and drive
around the country with it attending all kinds of British car meets.
Very nice people.  Thanks Bob.
Love this list-Mike MacLean-60 almost on the road-Sprite