THE SEX OF CARS ( no LBC )

To: "Spridgeteers" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: THE SEX OF CARS ( no LBC )
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:23:54 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Yeah!  Jean-Francois isn't a common name among anglophones!  :)  But, I
think that you mentioned it at one point also?

Not only is my name "Robert Duquette", but I was born and raised in 'la
belle province'.  The village was predominantly anglophone, especially at my
end.  When I was about 11, I was straying further from home and a bunch of
francophones moved into the village because of the new mill.  I did pick up
some comprehension from my new friends, but they learned English long before
I learned French.  To defend myself, my mother's name was O'Reilly and my
father's mother's name was Keenan.  My name was supposed to be 'Riley' but
they changed their mind and named me Robert.  And so, quite frequently, I
get "Un nom comme Robert Duquette et tu parle pas francais?  What's wrong
with you?"

Robert D.
( I would rather be Riley. )