Re: Dumb question time

To: walters@mail.softcom.net, bmantz@roanoke.infi.net
Subject: Re: Dumb question time
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 15:19:05 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 08/26/2000 8:16:15 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
walters@mail.softcom.net writes:

> Are they grooves or ridges.  Often where the rings stop on the upper end
>  will leave a ridge.  In my teen days they sold a deridge device that
>  went around the top of the cylinder to remove this.  It wasn't a
>  cylinder hone but something else.  Anyone on the list know about these?

SOP under the shade tree was to use the Ridge Reamer, then the heavy duty
bottle brush with abrasive on the tips thingy on a 1/4" drilled up and down
each bore a few times...then new rings on the old pistons, rod inserts, main
inserts, a valve job and voiala!  A rebuilt engine!...oh yeah, cam bearing if
you wanted it to last more than a few months.

RH